Come and learn about wild edible plants in your neighborhood, how to identify, use and enjoy them in a sustainable way.
Getting engaged with wild foods brings out your adventurous spirit, satisfies the drive to be more self-reliant, and fulfills the desire to connect more intimately with the earth and its bounty.
It sets you on a path to be a student of the plant world, an investigator, an observer, a detective of the secret life of plants.
During this walk you will learn:
- How to identify a minimum of 10 wild edible plants
- Where to look for them ( wild edible plants in city, meadow, forest, wet lands, seashore)
- When you can find them (observing cycle of plant’s life and learning how to find wild edible plants all year around)
- Which parts of the plant can be used as a food and how to choose the tastiest,
- When it is the most favorable time to harvest
- How to effectively collect, store, and preserve wild plants,
- What are the benefits for health
- What safety rules must be followed when collecting wild plants
The course is suitable for both beginners and people who have some knowledge about wild plants.
Language : English
Meeting point: Corner of the streets Höjeåvägen and Hålvägen, Värpinge, Lunds kommun